WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE HALIBURTON COUNTY FARMERS’ MARKET ASSOCIATION
The Haliburton County Farmers’ Market Association (HCFMA) is a non profit organization operating three farmers’ markets in Haliburton County. Our market provides a direct connection to local farmers, specialty food producers and artisans in vibrant community. We support and nurture the local food ecosystem through business incubation, promotion of tourism, and collaboration with local governmment. We aim to provide a fresh, local, “village square” shopping experience to our valued customer base.
We envision a thriving and sustainable local food system where healthy and wholesome food is available to all.
To create a venue for producers to directly sell products grown or produced in Haliburton County
The following principles form the foundation for the Constitution and Vendor Rules and Regulations.
- Facilitate access to products grown or produced in Haliburton County in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Promote community health and well-being through education and the growth, production and consumption of wholesome food.
- Strive for a balance between supporting Haliburton County production and meeting customer needs.
- Create a pleasant and rich Market experience for customers and vendors.
- Collaborate with organizations and individuals that share our vision.
Our Board Members
- Chair: Andrew Graham
- Vice Chair: Sandra Carmody
- Treasurer: Kevin Fisher
- Secretary: Gus Janca
- Angel Taylor
- Jenny Hill
- Sinclair Russell