Haliburton County Farmers Market is recruiting high energy, friendly and customer service-focused Market Monitors for our busy and vibrant markets across the county. Our farmers markets support local agriculture and act as a very important community-building block.
Market Location and Time Commitment:
Haliburton – Rotary Park on Tuesdays from 12:00pm – 4:00pm, July to October 13th.
*additional markets can be discussed at the interview
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
The primary focus of this position is to make sure that Public Health protocols for the market are understood and followed by shoppers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- ensuring that shoppers use designated Entrance and Exit locations in the market
- managing pedestrian traffic through the market and line-ups at vendor stalls so that customers respect social distancing practices and lines do not crowd other vendor booths
The employee may also assist the Market Manager and volunteers as needed and directed.
The employee is expected to
- be familiar with the market’s Covid-19 Protocol, Vendor Rules and Regulations and the Market Constitution
- arrive 1 hour before market opening and leave once the market closes
- notify the Market Manager in a timely manner if unable to attend on a scheduled work day,
- arrange for a board-approved replacement if unable to attend on a scheduled work day.
- Able to commit for the entire market season and are reliable
- Have strong customer service skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced outdoor environment (we work outside rain or shine)
- Outgoing and friendly with a great work ethic and attitude
- A team player and can work quickly and efficiently under tight time constraints
- Self-directed and responsible
- Have no problem standing for long periods of time
Market Monitor reports directely to the Market Manager.
Wage: $14.00 per hour.
Please send us an email outlinin.g your qualifications to:
incredibleHCFMA@gmail.com with “Market Monitor” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in the Haliburton County Farmers’ Market!